In consideration of your son/daughter being allowed to participate in any way in the athletic/sporT
program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for
permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may
reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the
negligence of the releasees or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If
however i observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, i will remove
myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, herby
release and hold harmless Shift Hockey Co Ltd. Their officers, officials, agents and/or employees,
contractors, consultants, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if
applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“releasees”), with respect to any
and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether caused by the
negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
- I hereby give permission for Shift Hockey Co Ltd., their officers, contractors, sponsors and employees to use photographs, video etc. of the camp participant for advertising and marketing purposes. No refunds will be given if a player leaves because of his own desire or is a “no show”, or is expelled or dismissed for any reason. Full payment less the deposit ($150.00) will be refunded if the request is accompanied by a doctor’s statement verifying the nature of the injury. I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and sign it freely and voluntarily without an inducement.
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian of the participant with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the releasees, and, for myself, heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in this programs as provided above.
- Personal Information Discloser
- We at Shift Hockey Co Ltd. (Shift) collect, store and disclose personal information to allow us to conduct business. We comply with applicable legislation and operate under the jurisdiction of the Personal Information Protection Act of Alberta. In the collection, use, disclosure and retention of personal information, Shift is acting on behalf of its collective members, contractors, and employees. The information may be disclosed to any or all of the following; officers, officials, agents and/or employees, contractors, consultants, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct business administration, advertising, marketing, future events, health and safety rules and regulations. I hereby grant permission to Shift to use, collect, store and disclose my personal information for the said purposes until such time that written notice is provided to Shift withdrawing consent.